Create new role for a tenant
Roles are used for grouping users, especially for sharing reports and for granting data access and permissions. Use roles such as “Management”, “Sales” and “Marketing” to quickly share your reports with the users assigned to these roles.
To create a new role, add members to the role, and manage permissions and data access;
- On the Roles tab, enter a role name in the Add role field and click Plus button.
The new role appears in the Name section.
Add members to a role for a tenant
When you have created a role at the tenant level, you can add members to that role. All members of this role will get the same level of data access and permissions.
- On the Roles tab, click the role in which you want to add a member.
- In the Select a user to add to this role field, enter the e-mail address of the user you want to add to this role.
- Repeat for each member.
NOTE: The user must exist under the Users tab to be able to add that user to the role.
Manage permissions for a role for a tenant
When you have created a role at the tenant level, you can manage data access for all members of that particular role.
- On the Roles tab, click the role you want edit.
- In the Permissions section, manage permissions and data access for the role. The table shows the options for permissions.
|Can drill down||Allows users to drill down to see the underlying detail of the value presented in a report.|
|Can import company data||Allows users to access the Get Data module where they can manage connections to their ERP system and import data.|
|Can manage categories||Allows users to create categories in the Live Reporting and Budgeting modules.|
|Can view vouchers||Allows users to drill down to see vouchers.|
|Full data access||Allows users full access to all companies under the tenant. If deselected, you can manage the access to the various companies under the Data access section.|