This section will go over how to pull in the opening balances from Intacct into the Data Warehouse.
Beginning balance will be found in the GLAccountBalance object.
There are a couple ways to do this. You can either:
- Bringing in the sum of all transactions for prior years into the report to do the calculation
- Find where the beginning balance object is in Intacct (if it exists) and bring that into the data warehouse
- Create a business rule that calculates beginning balance for the year
- Manually add the beginning balance to the DW
Solver’s recommendation is to:
- Create an integration to the GLAccountBalance only
- Load the Beginning balance to scenario OBA (Opening Balance Actuals)
- The data mapping needs to be similar to GL/GL Detail, Category will also need to be mapped
#2 is most common because set up simply requires the user to find the object
#3 is the next best step. Some of this should be discussed with your consultant.