The job creation page is where users can customize how data is loaded and transformed consecutively into the Data Warehouse. This is achieved by setting the desired integrations and business rules in a stepwise manner.
The main sections to customize when creating and editing jobs is:
- Job Name
- Job Steps
- Schedule Job
- Email Notifications
Please note that, to create a job, your user needs to have the Can edit integrations, rules & jobs Data Warehouse permission enabled.
Setting Up a New Job
The following steps will outline how to go about setting up a job scheduled to run daily. Feel free to follow along, modifying the steps as needed for your particular job set up.
To name the job and add job steps:
- Enter the desired name in the Job Name section. This is the name that will appear in the jobs overview table.
- Click the New Step button in the Job Steps section.
- The Add New Step modal appears. This modal is where you select the desired integrations and business rules to be performed within the job.
- Expand the Type dropdown menu. Select Integration if you are selecting for a configured integration, or Rules if you want to run a specific business rule.
- Expand the Task dropdown menu. The selections here changes depending on what was selected in the Type menu.
- If Integration was selected, then the Task menu is populated with all existing published integrations found in the Data Warehouse.
- If Rules was selected, then the Task menu is populated with all business rules found in the Data Warehouse.
- Select the desired Task and click OK. The modal disappears and the selected Type and Task is seen as the first step in the Job.
To set a schedule for the job:
- Click on the Set Schedule button. This opens up the Set Schedule modal.
section is where users can customize when the job will automatically run. The following sections are modifiable:
- Starts: Select the date and time when this job should first automatically run. By default, the current day and time will be displayed here.
- Time Zone: Select the time zone in which this job is being performed. By default, the time zone as set in your computer settings will be selected.
- Repeats: Select how frequently this job will be automatically ran. By default, Daily will be selected. For purposes of this example, Repeats will be set to Daily.
is where users can further customize when and how long the scheduled job will automatically run for. Adjust these settings as needed.
. This closes the Set Schedule modal, populating the Schedule Job section with the schedule set by the user.
To set email notifications:
- Click on the Send email notification when: radio buttons if you’d like to receive notifications once the job finishes. This will activate both boxes under the radio buttons.
- Enter the email addresses of the intended users to the Failure Notification box. Users indicated in the Failure Notification box will receive an email each time the job fails.
- Enter the email addresses of the intended users to the Success Notification box. Users indicated in the Success Notification box will receive an email each time the job succeeds.
Once all the details for the job are complete and as desired, click the Create button. This saves the job and navigates the user back to the jobs overview page.