The dimensions page displays a list of dimensions that have been previously created. A user can create new dimensions in this page for use within the Data Warehouse as long as there are still remaining dimension licenses available. Users can also edit and delete existing dimensions.
By default, the following dimensions are immediately available:
Dimensions describe the objects that participate in the business, such as account, employee, customer, product, or company. Each dimension must be a unique value. In Solver Reporting, dimensions are easily identifiable by the green plus button
At the very top of the screen users will see a count of the number of remaining dimensions that can be created. If this count reaches 0, no more dimensions can be created within the Data Warehouse for this tenant.
Creating a Dimension
To create a new Dimension:
- Click on Configuration -> Dimensions.
- A list of dimensions will appear. As mentioned above, the default dimensions will appear.
- If the tenant continues to have available dimension licenses for use, then the plus icon will be active. Click on the plus icon ().
- In the popup that appears, type in the name of the dimension. Note that dimension names are limited to 100 characters and should not contain an apostrophe.
- Click Create to create the dimension. The user will be taken to the dimension attributes page.
To modify the details for a dimension:
- From the Configuration -> Dimensions screen, select the desired dimension to be edited.
- Click on the pencil icon (). The user will be taken to the dimension attributes page, where they can edit the details of this dimension such as label names and existing dimension attributes.
WARNING: All relevant data using the dimension in the modules must be deleted before proceeding with these steps.
- From the Configuration -> Dimensions screen, select the dimension name to be edited.
- Click on the trash can icon ().
- A popup will appear confirming the action to delete the dimension. Click Delete to delete the dimension.