If a user has lost the device on which they had the authenticator app, an administrator in Solver must reset their Multi-Factor Authentication to be able to change the device.
The administrator must perform the following steps:
- Click Settings > Administration.
- Click the Search user button.
- Use the Search field to search for the user.
- Next to the username, click the Reset Multi-Factor Authentication… link.
WARNING: Make sure you have verified the true identity of this user before you continue as email and text messages may be spoofed.
- In the Reset Multi-Factor Authentication dialog, click RESET MULTI-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION.
The user will receive an email with a link to reset the Multi-Factor Authentication back to default*.
*For users without a Require Multi-Factor Authentication policy, Multi-Factor Authentication is disabled, and these users must enable the option in User Settings.
*For users with a Require Multi-Factor Authentication policy, the next time the user logs on to Solver, he or she must set up Multi-Factor Authentication again.